Debt & Disconnection Strategy and Customer Charter
ScottishPower first developed a strategy for Debt and Disconnection is 2003, following the joint publication by Ofgem and energywatch of Good Practice Guidelines in preventing debt and disconnection. To continue to build on our strong performance in this area the strategy has been reviewed and updated in line with business goals and industry developments. The objective of the strategy is as follows:
- To work proactively with our customers to prevent them falling unnecessarily into debt.
- To identify customers in debt, or those at risk of falling in to debt, and to offer them a range of support mechanisms.
- To lead industry in relation to Ofgem and energywatch good practice Guidelines in Preventing Debt and Disconnection.
- To proactively engage and co-ordinate all the appropriate business practices and initiatives in the support of customers who are in debt or at risk of falling in to debt.
- To set out clearly and honestly the debt management measures that we deem appropriate for our customers, dependent on individual circumstances, particularly for vulnerable/fuel poor customers. The new Debt & Disconnection Customer Charter is due to be published in November this year.